Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thank You, Tim!

     I arrived home just minutes ago from an overnight getaway by myself that Tim kindly encouraged me to take. Thank  you, Tim! As I walked through the front door I started laughing. The house was a real d*i*s*a*s*t*e*r. Lights were left on, the fan was on, clothes were all over the living and dining room floor, but there was a game of Twister on the floor that hasn't been out for years. And a load of laundry running in the washing machine. Good for Tim.
    
     I arrived, of course, to an empty home. On purpose. I had to ease back into being at home after having been gone for about 30 hours. I so enjoyed the peace and quiet. Tim is teaching my Spanish class at our home school co-op classes at church right now. He's never had my job for a whole, uninterrupted 30 hours before. The look of relief on his face when he sees I'm home a little early will be p*r*i*c*e*l*e*s*s. Later on, we're all going to my Dad's for dinner. So, I had the chance to jump on the computer, check my e-mail, type up this blog post, and try to tackle sorting out my messy closet in my bedroom before Tim and the kids come home.

     Tim's dad, Don, invited Tim and I to this black tie affair at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills Hotel on May 1st where he's being honored at some shin dig. Do I need to mention that I have nothing to wear? Black tie affair? Tim and I are not "black tie affair" kind of people. But, I love beautiful places, interesting people, and fancy food. It should be - well, perhaps not fun, as in Disneyland fun, but very interesting. I'll provide a report on the event later. Adios for now.

4 comments:

John and Tiffany said...

Send a "Thank You" to Tim from me as well...you deserve a 30 DAY vacation...hee, hee, hee!
By the look of the house, sounds like Tim & the girls had a good time.

Colleen said...

Great job, Tim, what a guy. Plus teaching your Spanish class. I am so glad you got a night away.

Colleen W

dietcokegrrl said...

YAY for 30 hours all to yourself. So happy you got a little getaway.

Can't wait to hear about the fancy shin dig. I'm sure you'll come back with a good story or two.

foutfolk said...

You SOOOOO remind me of black tie affair people. :)