Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's Almost Over...

It's Tuesday and we're approaching the middle of October. We are also approaching the end of escrow for our rental property. Tim has severely limited what I can write about the intense negotiations, but suffice it to say that God has put generous and kind people in our path. In about a week I will breathe a BIG sigh of relief. It will be amazing to think that after nine long years I won't be picking up rent checks, fielding calls from tenants, factoring in our rental property numbers in our financial talks and just always living with that property in the back of my mind. I really liked our current tenants - the ones I knew. I wish them well in their lives and wonder if I'll ever run into them again. I hope so. They were nice people and I pray that they find God and have peace with him. I'll write about my feelings when that last signature is signed and the keys are handed over. When I've gotten the call that the deed has recorded I will try to remember that moment. Perhaps a couple of my kids will be noisy or laughing or needing something from me. Perhaps I'll be running out the door or cooking in the kitchen. I'll write about it after it happens.

2 comments:

foutfolk said...

Rental nightmares for sure! I have my property still empty waiting for someone to buy it or to rent it again. I am behind in getting the information.

I think we have found the farm. It is a 3000 sq ft Amish house on 20 acres that needs a lot of work. Good work!

garth

LauraT said...

Wow! 20 acres! That's plenty of room for all your kids! It sounds like the perfect project for the rest of your life! I do hope that you'll figure out your property situation here in California. It can be a daunting task. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm glad you had some time with him before he left. God is good, isn't he?