Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's 2 am and Here I Am...

So, I should be asleep right now. No, Julia did not wake me up. I just woke up after being asleep for a couple of hours and couldn't get back to sleep. My mind and emotions started to turn over and wander. So, here I am. I started homeschooling all the girls this week and am working out the kinks in my schedule. I think it's going really well and I'm enjoying being with all of them. One challenge I'm having is my little gypsy - Daisy - is at it again. Apparently, when she was supposed to be in bed she snuck into her older sisters' room and stole Camille's journal and 3 purses the girls had. The girls were beside themselves when they had discovered it later that night. I had been out visiting with Tim's family earlier this evening, so I didn't catch the crime in process. I told the girls that they needed to TRY to understand that Daisy is 3 and that this is what 3 year olds do. It really is a difficult age and so destructive. Stereos, car DVD's, seatbelts, cameras and various appliances have always been broken and destroyed by 3 year olds in our home. Thank God for warranties - we've always needed to use them! Anyway, what I need to do is replace the girls door handle with one that locks - but not with a key. Tim has been working such long hours lately that he has no time. Let's see, in all my spare time maybe I can figure that out. Along with fixing the garbage disposal....Maybe that's what I should be doing at 2 am! All of the sudden I feel really tired now....

No comments: