Thursday, January 29, 2009

Running out of gas...literally


I should probably post something because I haven't done so in awhile. OK, how's this: I ran out of gas tonight with 7 kids in the car. We were coming home from dinner and my car wouldn't accelerate up Michillinda Ave. I'm confused by this because my "low fuel level" light had not come on although my fuel gauge indicator was low. I thought I had easily 10 miles before I ran out. I've never run out of gas before. I pulled to the side of the road and tried to start the car again but it wouldn't go. So, I get out and tell the kids to stay in the car and I lock it and I charge uphill towards home. I made good time and ran in the house to tell Tim we had to leave right away to get the kids. I thought there was something wrong with the engine. So, we get to the kids and the car and I get all the kids out and put them into Tim's car. Tim gets into the Suburban and determines that it was out of gas. We take two trips to shuttle all the kids back home. We finally arrive home and then I go out and get gas and Tim and I fill up my car and we both head home.
Sigh....I guess there's a first time for everything. Everyone was ok and I learned my lesson. Always fill up before I think I need gas. I actually was going to get gas at Costco the day before but some rude old guy rushed me and I nudged Daisy into the car where she got her fingers smashed in the door. I rushed home and bypassed the fill up I was intending to get. So, always some measure of drama sorrounds me. Why is that? Why does my life always have an element of drama? Huh? I want to know why. Perhaps because I get bored and have a rather mischievous, I mean adventurous spirit to keep me satisfied about life. Why do you think I had six kids? Never a dull moment! I like it that way - most of the time. Except when I'm tired. And not early in the morning. And not when I have important things to do. And not when I have PMS. And not when - well you get the idea.

1 comment:

dietcokegrrl said...

I HATE it when that happens. And yes, it's happened to me...more than once. You would think I would learn my lesson.

And poor Daisy...I'm always afraid my kids are going to smash their fingers in the door.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who always has drama. :)