Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Friends

I feel obligated to write something on my blog because it's been two weeks since I've posted anything. But I really don't have anything to say. I helped Mike and Tina over the weekend by cleaning their bathrooms and hardwood floors. I'm not tooting my own horn, just following up on my last post. Mike is getting weaker and isn't too responsive when I come over. He does say "hi" and I think that's significant. They're always in the back of my mind and in my prayers, of course.
I've been home a week from Spokane after visiting friends. One of my dearest friends, Tiffany, took me all around Spokane, we ate at fun and beautiful places, went to the movies, went shopping, went to church and had a great time just hanging out at her home. Her youngest son, Caleb, was so funny. He was fascinated with the fact that I breastfed Julia. He wanted to see it and understand it. So, I showed him. I wasn't at all self-conscious and neither was he. It was funny. He was so cute. I also spent the night at my friend Joy's house, too. She's a dear friend and we had a great time talking. I miss my friends who used to live in the Pasadena area. These are friends that I've known for at least 11 years. They've seen me through various pregnancies, home purchases and moves, weight fluctuations, and various seasons of life. They know me well and they still love me! They've given me great advice, a shoulder to cry on and stress out on, and encouragement, love and care like few people ever have, other than my wonderful family. So, I'll say it again: I miss them but am so grateful I've got such good friends. In fact, as I think about it, I have a lot of good friends. I consider myself incredibly blessed. Growing up I only had one friend and she was a little different. I was pretty lonely during my school years and I got teased a lot for being "different," too. I still am "different" and I don't really care. I yam who I yam.
So, my husband and children get to put up with me now. We do laugh a lot, so I guess my influence isn't too intolerable. Well, that's it. That's the end of my post. Till I have another adventure or deep moment to write about, I'm signing off.

1 comment:

Davd Cushman said...

On your recent visit to Spokane, did you happen to stop by Bluefish Sushi?
On my last trip to Spokane I indulged in a meal at Bluefish with my sister and brother-in-law.